§6. Prohibitions of use of the Device.
The use of the Device is prohibited outside the area which, in the city map displayed in the “Loop” application, is indicated in light blue color. To this end, the User declares to be aware that, outside that area, the Device will cease to function and to be aware that this area does not necessarily coincide with the area where the Device is allowed to circulate, and that it is the sole burden of the User to verify.
§7. User’s obligations while using the Device.
The Device should only be used by the User, who must prevent third parties from using it.
The User must also:
– observe all laws pertaining to the use, riding and/or operation of Device, including all state and local laws and the rules and regulations pertaining to the vehicles belonging to the same category of the Device in the area where the User is operating the Device, and that the User declares to be aware of: the User must also use the Device with the due diligence, taking into account the conditions of the road surface, traffic conditions, weather conditions and any other condition that may affect the Device’s conduct;
– immediately return the Device to the Accommodation Facility at the end of the Period of Use. In any case the User must not park or abandon the Device in an area other than that available at the Accommodation Facility for the custody of the Device;
– during the Period of Use, the User must park the Device in such a way as to prevent it from falling to the ground and exclusively in the specific stalls dedicated to it, if any, or anyway in the stalls reserved for cycles and mopeds;
– the User must not park the Device in areas where parking of the Device is prohibited – or anyway not permitted – pursuant to current legislation, or where the Device could be an obstacle to other road users or third parties; in particular, for example, the Device must not be parked: near trees, road signs, traffic lights, parking meters, ticket offices, benches, waste containers, pedestrian crossings, building entrance gates, areas reserved for access and withdrawal of emergency vehicles; on private property, in a locked area, or in any other non-public space;
– do not carry other persons and/or animals and/or objects on the Device;
– do not load on the Device a weight, including that of the User, of more than 100 kilograms;
– do not make use of mobile phones and/or portable music players and/or other devices that may distract from the guidance and/or conduct of the Device, except for the smartphone where the “Loop” application is installed, which must be placed in the appropriate housing of the Device, if present, and be used in the limits strictly necessary to the use of the application itself;
– do not use the Device under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
– do not use the Device under the influence of any substance capable of interfering with your judgment, reflexes or safe use of the Device itself;
– do not use the Device to participate in races, competitions, even if amateur;
– do not use the Device on unpaved roads or, in any case, on bumpy surfaces;
– in the period between sunset and half an hour before it rises and/or, in any case, in low visibility conditions, to turn on the front light of the Device and to wear a high-visibility retroreflective vest or braces, in accordance with the laws referred to at §7;
It is forbidden to disassemble, repair and/or modify, even aesthetically, the Device.
It is also forbidden to use the Device for any advertising or similar commercial purpose.
§8. Use of the Device.
The Devices’ rental is subject to their availability.
The User declares to be aware and accept that Inbox S.r.l. has the right to stop the Services in the following cases: maintenance and/or updates of the Devices and/or “Loop” application; unfavourable weather conditions; measures taken by the competent Authorities.
The choice of the Device to be used can be made by the User himself by booking the Device through the “Loop” application, or by activating the Device by scanning, through the application “Loop”, the QR code present on the key ring of the Hotel or Campsite, which holds the devices.
Before choosing the Device to be used, the User commits to: a) inspect the visible parts of the Device itself, in order to verify that it is in good working condition; b) test the operating components of the Device (table, handlebar, front and rear light, brakes, tyres and GPS device).
If the Device is already damaged and/or malfunctioning prior to its use, the User commits not to use it and is obliged to immediately report it to Inbox S.r.l., following the instructions on the “home” screen of the “Loop” application.
If, during the Period of Use, the Device manifests malfunctions of any kind or is damaged, the User commits to immediately cease its use and is obliged to immediately report it to Inbox S.r.l., following the instructions on the “home” screen of the “Loop” application.
To start the Device, the User, using the utmost prudence, must: a) climb with one foot on the platform of the Device; b) give, with the other foot, a slight push, simultaneously pressing the accelerator stick placed near the right knob of the Device.
i) accepts and recognizes that the Device works through an accumulator/battery and that the remaining charge power will decrease proportionately and according to the use of the Device and that the rate of loss of charging power is affected by: the type of route chosen by the User; the weather conditions and/or the conditions of the road surface and traffic;
ii) commits to check the charge level of the accumulator / battery of the Device before the start of the Period of Use. In this regard, the User undertakes to monitor the battery charge, both on the display of the Device, and through the “Loop” application which indicates the estimate of the residual autonomy of the accumulator / battery (expressed in km): by accepting these General Terms of Agreement, the User declares that he/she is fully aware of and accepts that said estimate of the residual autonomy is only hypothetical and made on the basis of statistical data, and that therefore its accuracy is not guaranteed, as such estimate may vary depending on the weight of the User and on the type of route; it will be the User’s responsibility to ensure, before and during the Period of Use, that the available charge level is sufficient to return to the Accommodation Facility, with the consequence that Inbox cannot be held responsible for any shutdowns and / or malfunctions of the Device caused by insufficient charge level of the Device chosen by the User;
iii) before using the Device, the User also undertakes to check the areas in which, according to the legislation referred to in the previous paragraph, the circulation of the Devices is permitted. The User undertakes to push the Device by hand in the areas where circulation of the Devices is prohibited.